Come get to know us! So you’ve read all about our community, and now you’re ready to become a member...right?
We invite you to join Congregation Bet Haverim in worship and in celebration. Corner us. Talk to us. Ask us about our experiences here at CBH; we'd like to get to know you, too. We encourage you to learn more about us and experience our community’s remarkable spirit.
Explore more of our website, come to one of our community events, attend a service. Our always-open-door policy even includes our inspiring High Holy Days services. If you’re interested in learning more about our Community School, call the office to arrange a visit on a Sunday morning during the academic year. You can even enroll your children in the Community School for their first year without joining the Synagogue.
Benefits of Membership:
- Attendance at all worship services, including High Holy Days.
- Subscription to our monthly newsletter
- Copy of our membership directory
- Subscription to our member e-mail listserv
- Discount admission to programs and events
- May join our Chorus and Band
- Access to our CBH Community religious school
- Access to teen programs
- Access to B'nai Mitzvah training (children and adults)
- Access to members-only programming (e.g. Spiritual Direction)
- May participate on committees and the Executive Board.
- And of course, dues payments are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law and may be made annually, semi-annually, quarterly or monthly.
- Be part of our book club, softball team, and more
And now, the part about dues.
Membership dues are critical to meeting our operating expenses. We strive to keep membership dues as fair as possible by using a dues scale that is based on adjusted gross income. However, we also recognize that income is only part of someone's financial picture. Please do not let money be a reason for not joining. If you are unable to pay the dues level associated with your income on the chart found in the application, please contact the Executive Director, Amy Robertson, and we can make alternative arrangements.
Our membership categories include:
Regular Membership: Entitles you to full voting privileges and the ability to serve on the Board.
Student Membership: Entitles you to Regular Membership privileges at a reduced rate when you’re a full-time student at an accredited Atlanta-area college, university or professional school.
Associate Membership: Available to individuals who either (a) live outside the Atlanta local calling area or (b) live within the local calling area but hold regular membership in another recognized Atlanta-area synagogue. Does not include voting or Board leadership privileges.
or send check to
Congregation Bet Haverim
PO Box 29548
Atlanta, Ga 30359